Hi girls, we hope you are keeping well. Here is suggested work for the week April 20th – 24th
– Continue to practise division and multiplication.
– Play Bang! and tables games on topmarks.co.uk
Mental Maths (Ms Shine’s class):
– next unit.
– page 110 and 111
– page 112 – Q 1 addition of weight
Points to remember:
– 1 kg = 1000g
– 1/2 kg = 500g
– 3/4 kg = 750g
– 1/4 kg = 250g
– Write out above units on a flashcard to help you when doing this unit.
– Remember the rules of place value when adding weight ie units under units, tens under tens and so on.
– Aonad 2: Am Dinnéar. Please read and revise this chapter.
– Write a list of 10 questions (as Gaeilge) about the chapter.
– Write a list of 10 questions and ring your friend for a cómhra (conversation) to practise your Irish. For example:
– Read Unit 24 The Golden Harp a number of times.
– Do the questions for Unit 24.
– Unit 28
– page 78 and 79
– Read about 1) Volcanoes and Earthquakes, 2) Tokyo and 3) Japanese Food.
– Research interesting facts about the above three topics and record in your copy.
Our GAA Coach has some great videos for practising skills on the St. Brigid’s GAA Club Facebook page. Give them a go!
If you go to Mrs. Kearney/ Ms. O’Connor:
Ms O’Shaughnessy’s Maths group:
Ms O’Shaughnessy’s English Group:
If you go to Ms. Kelly:
* Please only complete these activities if you have the time to do so *
Months of the Year:
> Play the below game online. Type in the name of the month which comes two months after.
> Write the months of the year in English, Irish and your own language. Can you see any connections in the languages?
I hope you had a nice break over Easter. How did your family celebrate Easter? Do you have any special traditions which are different to Ireland?
> Write a short summary of your Easter tradition and translate it into your own language too.
This could be your chance to learn a new language!
> Create a language grid and write in the different languages including Japanese. Build it up with as many phrases as you can.
> I would love to see the language connections between all of the languages.
|What is your name?|
|My name is …|